History

Illustration of Village Club

History

After the turn of the century, social clubs were formed in most of the small west suburban communities of Chicago, from Cicero to Aurora. These towns and villages, all adjacent to the Burlington-Northern Rail Line, developed fellowship and comraderie within their communities, exemplified in their social clubs.

Western Springs, “the Queen of the Western Suburbs”, was no different. In 1910 the Village Club was founded. It is the only club to survive the dark days of the Great Depression.

Celebrating our 108th year, the Village Club of Western Springs continues to thrive according to the same, simple theme – supporting good friends and good neighbors through social interaction. The club exists as a social organization devoted to recreation and diversion in an atmosphere of fellowship.

As such, the Village Club welcomes social people in their 20’s through their 80’s, who live in Western Springs and surrounding communities.

The Village Club

The English Tudor building located at the corner of Lawn and Chestnut (just west of the Thomas Ford Library) houses a ballroom, stage, and kitchen on the main floor, four bowling alleys in the basement, and a meeting room and lounge with bar and fireplace on the second floor.

The spirit of friendship, relaxation, and fun prevails as the Club welcomes its members and guests to enjoy the many parties, TGIFs, bowling, and kids’ and special events throughout the year. Club rentals are an added benefit for members.

The Club welcomes members and their guests to some of the finest parties anywhere: Casino Night, Halloween, Breakfast with Santa, New Year’s Eve, Mardi Gras, St. Pat’s, Western Night, Ladies’ Night, Men’s Night,TGIFs, Kids’ parties, and many more.

From the Archives